PMO / Global Partnerships
Location: Preference in Europe / United Kingdom
Conditions: Remote working 90%
Reports to: Head of Strategy
Hours per week: Full-time / open to consulting and/or part time
Overtime status: Exempt
Are you passionate about developing innovative solutions to the climate crisis and supercharging industrial decarbonization? Are you interested in being a foundational member of a new organization? If yes, then join our growing team.
The Mission Possible Partnership (MPP) is a movement of climate leaders and companies driving industrial decarbonization across the entire value chain of the world’s highest-emitting sectors: aluminum, cement, chemicals, steel, aviation, shipping, and trucking. MPP is charting the inventive steps and radical collaboration to enable commercial-scale First Projects in this decisive decade.
MPP was founded in 2021 by the Energy Transitions Commission, RMI, We Mean Business Coalition and the World Economic Forum, and became an independent entity in 2022.
This year, MPP is pivoting from vision-setting to supporting implementation of sector transition strategies and unlocking first near-net zero projects both in the US and outside of the US. As part of the strategic growth and innovation of our team, MPP has an opportunity for a PMO to join our global team in support of global partnerships.
The PMO will support MPP with partnerships by taking the lead on day-to-day project management of multiple workstreams to support the smooth operations across the MPP focused project team. This is an essential function to keep the overall team, which involves other partner organisations, moving forward and updated on weekly targets and deliverables. Individual will also be a key internal and external point of contact for project team engagement and will coordinate member interactions with the rest of the MPP team and broader eco system of partners. This includes regular updates on key events and activities, organizing meetings, etc. all in support for the needs of the project.
This is a proactive role and the individual needs to deliver autonomously, identifying, prioritising, communicating, and addressing anticipated needs for the project team. They will also have a collaborative mindset with excellent relationship management skills, building strong working relationships within MPP team, our key project partners, and other stakeholders. The role will require the ability to work to deadlines and be detailed-oriented whilst understanding and responding to shifting priorities and the broader context within which the team operates. They will be flexible in their approach and able to move between multiple activities as required by the project flow.
PMO responsibilities related to project management include:
- Support the development of a project/program plan with defined clear accountabilities and keep it up to date.
- Drive day-to-day management of multiple simultaneous workstreams in a timely and efficient way, maximising impact with the overall project team.
- Develop information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports, ensuring maintenance core assets and ad hoc documents.
- Management of day-to-day communications with external stakeholders from a range of public & private sectors.
- Support and create a flow of regular activity including finance and impact reporting.
- Ensuring that the project team has organised knowledge management, with insights / tools / approaches codified and shared across the team.
- Support with orchestration and delivery of key events and work programme milestones in collaboration with the team.
- Support with meetings; capture overall notes and track actions.
- Supporting with meeting briefings, presentations, speaking notes for the senior team
- Working alongside the Project Leads to respond to fast moving priorities.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in a high-caliber environment (corporate C-Suite, government, or top-tier strategy consulting firm)
- Proactive and self-starter, appetite for working autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent project management and coordination skills – ability to support a complex programme delivered by a lean team, maintaining direction while adapting to changing circumstances.
- Clear, high-quality communication: verbal, written, presentation. Ability to develop compelling narratives based on quantitative and qualitative data, and write concise, well-structured documents conveying clear but subtle messages.
- Experience interacting with senior execs.
- Collaborative team player, with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Ability to develop and nurture trusting relationships and partnerships with a range of stakeholders (inc. senior executives) from different organisational and geographical horizons.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, excellent digital skills.
- Flexibility in approach and comfortable in an entrepreneurial/start-up environment.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
Additional Desirable Requirements:
- Experience working in/with membership organisations, and the corporate, NGO and policy worlds.
- Experience in a related area, e.g., climate, energy, sustainability.
- Previous experience having led the PMO for a large program.
MPP compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.