Sector Transition Strategies
Industry-backed, net-zero strategies for seven critical sectors
Our industry-backed sector transition strategies unite industry leaders, customers, financial institutions and governments behind a strategic vision and plan to reach net-zero emissions in seven critical sectors.
Each of our Sector Transition Strategies have three goals:
- Define an aggressive, industry-backed, net-zero pathway for each sector
- Define what needs to happen over time to meet that trajectory
- Secure commitments to action in the 2020s from critical stakeholders in the value chain
How We Enable Action
- Provide a quantitative reference point that can underpin corporate target setting, science-based targets and financial-sector alignment methodologies
- Inform actions in the 2020s of stakeholders who shape markets, including industry leaders, governments, buyers of carbon-intensive materials and services, and financial institutions
- Provide proof that zero-carbon value chains can work, and encourage others to follow
To promote transparency and collaboration, our model materials and analytics are open-access, which facilitates regular refinement as data and insights evolve. It also ensures industry efforts can align behind a strategy the industry considers technically and economically feasible, subject to appropriate value-chain collaboration, finance and policy support.