Chief of Staff
Location: Preference in Europe / London, Amsterdam, other locations possible
Conditions: Remote working with some travel
Reports to: CEO
Hours per week: Full-time
Overtime status: Exempt
Are you passionate about developing innovative solutions to the climate crisis and supercharging industrial decarbonization? Are you interested in being a foundational member of a new organization? If yes, then join our growing team.
The Mission Possible Partnership (MPP) is a movement of movement of climate leaders in business and civil society driving industrial decarbonization across the entire value chain of the world’s highest-emitting sectors: aluminum, cement, chemicals, steel, aviation, shipping, and trucking. MPP is charting the inventive steps and radical collaboration to enable commercial-scale First Projects in this decisive decade.
MPP was founded in 2021 by the Energy Transitions Commission, RMI, We Mean Business Coalition and the World Economic Forum, and became an independent entity in 2022.
This year, MPP is pivoting from vision-setting to supporting implementation of sector transition strategies and unlocking first near-net zero projects both in the US and outside of the US. As part of the strategic growth and innovation of our team, MPP has an opportunity for a Chief of Staff to join our global team. The COS will support MPP in its mission by working closely with the CEO and Management team to engage key stakeholders, support fundraising development along with program design and assist with day-to-day management of the organization.
The Chief of Staff works closely with the CEO as a thought partner, advisor, and implementer to deliver on the mission and strategy for MPP. This is a new and incredible position to support our CEO in the activation of their vision. This role will be broad and varied and allow the successful candidate to develop the position. It will suit someone highly ambitious who operates well in autonomous environments; someone who is keen to work with a field-leading CEO in all aspects of their delivery. The successful person will understand the pace, pressure and opportunity associated with a Chief of Staff position in a climate solutions business. The position incorporates elements of strategic relationship management, fundraising, and operational management.
In partnership with the CEO, the COS responsibilities include:
Engagement of key stakeholders and relationship management:
- Proactively engage stakeholders in the voice and style of executive leadership this includes MPP’s board members and fellows, corporations, government, funders, and numerous partners.
- Keep stakeholders informed about MPPs progress, challenges, and goals.
- Support strategies and initiatives that engage stakeholders through compelling communications outreach, programs, and initiatives.
- Lead on high profile interactions with stakeholders including attending meetings on behalf of the CEO.
- Works with the overall team to translate strategies into action.
- Develops system to measure impact and keep the team moving forward.
- Organizing, attending, and preparing for BOD meetings. BOD event management.
Fundraising and Development of Programs
- Work with the CEO and executive leadership team in the development of programs and build the fundraising plan. This includes helping with overall outreach, relationship building, translating the value proposition and collaborative efforts for partners.
- Work with CEO to develop executive level meeting deliverables.
- Work with the CEO to drive fundraising at scale and ensure efficient budget allocation across the MPP network.
- Ensure funder reporting for MPP and its grantees.
Day to Day Operational Functions:
Key player in streamlining operational processes across the overall group for efficiency, productivity, and progress tracking. This includes collaboration with our team on:
- Policy and procedure development
- Contract and Budget Management
- Executive Communications
- Facilities Management
- Overall Meeting Cohesiveness
- Master’s degree and exceptional academics required.
- Experience, interest, and good understanding in the decarbonization climate space.
- Ability to upward manage with skill, decorum and tact – keep CEO/Execs on track whilst also making room for shifting business priorities and accommodating their pressures.
- Proven ability to interact with stakeholders of all levels from corporate CEOs, Gov’t officials, Board Members, and donors. Demonstrated skills and experience of relationship management.
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising strategies and principles. Manage portfolio of donors.
- Impeccable organiser and planner, including managing projects, timelines, and inputs from others.
- Good judgment with proven ability to make decisions.
- Very strong written and spoken communication skills, including being clear, concise and organised when explaining concepts.
- Consummately delivery-focused; able to identify and execute priorities without supervision/intervention. Creative, flexible and solution oriented.
- Active listening skills and ability to influence while building relationships.
- Flexibility in approach and comfortable in an entrepreneurial/start-up environment.
MPP compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.