Net-Zero Steel Initiative
We are an initiative of industry champions working towards net-zero emissions in a critical component of our infrastructure and our lives: steel.
The Net-Zero Steel Initiative (NZSI) aims to put the global steel sector on a path to reach net-zero emissions by 2050 by:
- Partnering with an international group of steel industry leaders
- Bringing zero-carbon primary steel production technologies to market by 2030
- Accelerating the growth of scrap-based production
- Focusing on supply dimensions
- Demonstrating how steel can be a key part of a net-zero economy